School is almost out for summer here in Missouri. How many more days do you have left? I think we are at 10. I’m sure the teachers are counting the hours at this point. (Actually, I know they are, I saw it on Facebook this morning.)
I am a firm believer in supporting our teachers. Letting them know we understand their job is hard and we REALLY appreciate them spending their time – every day- with our kids. I mean, my boy’s teachers see them more than I do these days! Here are some easy (online ordering even) gifts for teachers that they will love, maybe even more than our kids.
(This post contains affiliate links- which means I make a commission or am paid when you click on items posted in this article. This income keeps YDYS up and running and supports my family.)
By why is shopping for gift for teachers so hard?
I think it’s because we think we should know them, what they like, where they eat, what they wear. After all, they know all this and more about our children. But we barely know these adults the same way. If you are lucky, your PTO asked the teachers fill out a “favorite things” list for you or the office has a book of this info. Maybe you know someone who is friends with your teacher, so you can get the inside scoop. If not, don’t worry- I’ve got you covered. This list of my favorite (and teachers favorite) gifts. I know, because I just went ahead and asked them.
Before you hit the list below- can I make a kind suggestion on behalf of all educators?
Avoid gift certificates to places your teacher has never been. Unless you are goo-goo over it and she/he just MUST try it, skip it. Remember, your teacher might not live in your area. They also don’t want to shell out extra cash to cover any excesses charges somewhere they are not crazy about. If you must GC (gift card) go generic or common. (Some of our teacher’s favorites are Redbox, Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, gas cards, big box stores, or just cash cards. Local (to the school) lunch spots are a win too.)
10 Great Gifts for Teachers:
A few of my favorite group gift ideas that teachers (Mrs., Miss, Ms. or Mr.) will love (I asked them.)
- Our teacher’s drool over these planners for teachers from Erin Condren. A group gift certificate will make her day. (This is the second year we have done this for our classroom teacher and they get so excited when they open it.)
- I’m a BIG fan of the Classic Tote from Land’s End- The Large with the long straps is a home run for your teacher (or you). Don’t forget to add her Monogram. Not sure what color? Go with a natural with navy straps- it’s a classic.
- Toms– are like comfort food for her feet, which she stands on ALL day.
- Adorable summer towel is a must have in a gift basket of summer relaxation (add iced tea, sunscreen, flip flops, etc.)
- Subscribe to a great magazine that meets his or her interest. Wrap a copy in this adorable Dot & Bo basket.
- My school doesn’t supply laptop cases for the teachers- wouldn’t this Kate Spade one be well loved by her.
- ^^ Or by him?
- Help him/her track their daily walks around the building with a Fitbit (a splurge most teachers would like but wouldn’t buy themselves.)
- Ever notice how much teachers cart back and forth from home to school? Our teachers love these wagons to get to and from the parking lot to desk.
- Keep your teacher hydrated and healthy with these totally cool water bottles that will withstand the “accidental” knock over from little hands.
Before I forget, did you download these FREE Printables and Teacher Appreciation Ideas yet? Trying to save you some of your time, with everything else going on this time of the year. Be sure to grab the adorable gift tag and fill in the blank note for your kiddo.
You’re so smart- learn something new today,
P.S. Before you do any more online shopping- do you have an Ebates account? It takes a few seconds to sign up and install in your browser bar but will earn you cash back on stuff you are already buying. The new pop-up feature is my favorite because now I never forget to use Ebates. Last month I got a check for $26.02- for shopping at my regular spots. (This is not a trick- it’s for real girls. Works on your phone too.)